Canada visa

Information for British citizens visiting Canada.

  • Visa-exempt foreign nationals need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) (opens in a new window) to fly to or transit through Canada.
  • When you arrive you will need to be able to show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
  • When travelling with children and only one parent is present, a letter of consent from the non-travelling parent should be carried.

If you are in any doubt about the entry requirements into Canada, please contact the Canadian High Commission.

Passport validity

  • Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is necessary, however holders of passports with less than 6 months validity remaining may take longer to pass through immigration control.
  • Please note - This guidance is for UK passport holders only. Passengers from other countries should check with the necessary Government department for travel information.

Canadian High Commission

Canada House
Trafalgar Square

  • Tel 020 7258 6600

Opening hours

Mon - Fri, 09:30 - 12:30

Get detailed travel requirements for your trip

Get personalised travel information for your destination with our handy tool.

back to top