We let you know a while back that we were making some changes to the way you can choose your seat before your flight. Our new system is now live and will improve options if you want to choose a specific seat further in advance.
Once check in opens, 24 hours before your flight, you can choose your seat online for free.* However, if you want to select specific seats before then, you will be able to do so from 336 days before your flight, for a fee from £25/$40^.
The fee doesn’t apply if you’re:
- An Upper Class customer
- A Premium Economy customer
- An Economy Y or B class customer
- A Flying Club Gold member
- A Delta® SkyMiles® Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion® member
- A Little Red customer
- A customer who booked your flight before the 12 November 2014, you can assign a standard seat, free of charge 60 days before your flight departure**.
Flying Club benefits
In addition to the exemption for Flying Club Gold members above:
- If you’re a Silver member, you’ll be able to choose your seat for free, from 14 days before departure
- If you’re a Red member, you’ll be able to choose your seat for free, from 72 hours before departure
We’ll try and seat families with children under 12 years old together, free of charge, before online check in opens 24 hours before departure. We’ll assign seats on a first come first served basis.
If we can't seat all your family together, we'll make sure each child, under 12 years old is seated with an adult from your group.
However if you want to make sure all your family are sitting together in your preferred choice of seats, you can use the seat selection process above** when you book, or anytime up to 336 days before your flight.
* This doesn’t apply to extra legroom and exit row seats. You can find out more about our seating options.
**If you are selecting seats before March 2015 for travel within 60 days, you will need to speak to our Contact Centre who will manually waive the fee.
^Fees may apply