Use Seat Plus to free up the seat next to you on your next flight in Economy. More space to stretch out and unwind, more space to make yourself at home and more space to relax.
Want even more space? Then book Seat Plus for each person in your group and get a whole row to yourselves.
There are many ways to enjoy Seat Plus, all depending on who you’re travelling with…
Stretch out throughout your flight with even more personal space. Whether you want more room to relax or focus on work, with Seat Plus, you'll keep all distractions at arm's length with that extra seat.
If you’re jetting off with someone special, with Seat Plus, you can make sure three is never a crowd. So why wait until you get to your hotel to begin the romance, when you have lots more snuggle space with an extra seat to share.
If you're travelling with children, use Seat Plus to give you lots more room*. Whether you use your extra seat to store their toys or to let them have some proper naptime, you’re the one who’ll be flying stress free all the way.
* Please note, due to safety reasons, infants must be seated on a passenger's lap while the seat-belt sign is on. It is also not allowed to have a child safety seat in the spare seat.
How to book:
If you booked your flight directly, call on 0344 874 7747 (UK) or 1 800 821 5438 (US) and we will check availability for your flight.
If you used a travel agent – ask them to check availability and reserve Seat Plus for you.
At the airport – ask for availability when you check in.
Prices start from just £65/$110/1160 ZAR. Early booking is strongly recommended. Seats are subject to availability and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
1. Purchase must be made at least 72 hours prior to date of departure if booking via the Virgin Atlantic Contact Centre. Seat Plus can also be purchased on day of departure at the airport.
2. Passengers purchasing Seat Plus must check in at a manned airport check in desk in order for their extra seat to be assigned and boarding pass issued. Other check in facilities including on line, kiosk or mobile will not be available for Seat Plus passengers. Seat assignment requests cannot be made on Virgin Atlantic’s website or through a Virgin Atlantic Contact Centre
3. Seat Plus is available only on flights operated by Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. Seat Plus may not be available on all Virgin Atlantic flights and may be restricted by Virgin Atlantic in its sole discretion.
4. Seat Plus is available on a per sector basis only. Price is per extra seat, per sector. The extra seat(s) must be on the same sector on which the passenger travels.
5. Seat Plus is only available to passengers who hold valid and ticketed Virgin Atlantic bookings in the Economy class cabin. Passengers travelling the Upper Class or Premium Economy cabins are not eligible.
6. If purchasing Seat Plus via the Virgin Atlantic Contact Centre the purchase of Seat Plus is not confirmed until an e-mail detailing payment and authorisation has been issued by Virgin Atlantic. This can take up to 48 hours after booking.
7. If purchasing Seat Plus at the airport then the purchase is confirmed at time of booking and a receipt will be provided detailing payment and authorisation.
8. A group of passengers travelling under the same booking reference can avail themselves of the Seat Plus option on the basis they purchase the whole seat block e.g. 2, 3, or 4-seats depending on aircraft configuration.
9. The following types of seats are not eligible for selection with Seat Plus: those with non-movable arm rests (including Exit Row / bulkhead seats) and Extra Leg Room seats.
10. Once purchased the Seat Plus option is non-refundable. The only exceptions are:
a. When a flight is cancelled by Virgin Atlantic and passengers are re-protected on alternative flights where Seat Plus cannot be offered. This includes flights on other airlines;
b. When passengers change travel dates more than 72 hours before departure date and there is no Seat Plus availability on the revised date.
c. In cases of exceptional unforeseen operational reasons, Virgin reserves the right to cancel your extra seat(s), in which case a full refund of the extra seat(s) will be given.
11. Passengers changing travel dates more than 72 hours before departure date may transfer Seat Plus to the new travel date subject to availability, with no additional change fees beyond any applicable fees corresponding to the passenger’s first seat.
12. Any changes to the Seat Plus option can only be made via a Virgin Atlantic Airways Contact Centre.
13. Passengers who are denied boarding due to flight oversales shall be offered the Seat Plus option for their alternative travel date if the new flight is operated by Virgin Atlantic Airways and there is availability. If there is no availability on the alternative Virgin Atlantic flight or passengers are re-protected on another airline, a full refund will be given.
14. If you are refused carriage in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage, entitlement to refund will be at our discretion.
15. Our liability in relation to the non-delivery of the extra seat(s) will not exceed the total amount paid for the Seat Plus Option.
16. All refunds will be processed by the Airline’s central accounts department in the UK and credited back to the original form of payment.
17. Purchase of a Seat Plus does not entitle passengers to earn additional Flying Club miles or tier points, increased baggage allowance, or increased on-board food/beverages. Flying Club Miles cannot be redeemed against Seat Plus.
18. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cancel or amend any or all of these terms and conditions, without notice and at any time.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Don't want a straightforward single or return? No problem.
Adult passengers aged 12-15 and travelling alone can't book online - please contact reservations on 0844 209 7777 for help.
Children must be aged 2-11 on the date of their flight.
Infants don't get their own seat on the plane - they'll need the comfort of your lap.
Pick connecting flights if you want to connect from an existing flight.