If you’d like to bring extra luggage over and above your free baggage allowance, you can pay to check in up to 10 extra bags per person (weighing up to 23kg each).
The best way to increase your allowance is before you fly – you can buy your additional baggage allowance online and avoid higher charges at the airport. Just head over to Manage your Booking if you'd like to buy additional baggage.
Excess baggage charges are as follows:
There are a few extra things to take note of if you’re planning on exceeding your standard baggage allowance:
- Charges for additional luggage are payable each way.
- The British Pound (GBP) charges quoted above apply to all departures from the UK. For US departures, the US Dollar (USD) charge will be applied. For flights departing from Canada, the Canadian Dollar (CAD) charge is applicable. For departures elsewhere, the US Dollar charge will be converted into the local currency.
- Any bags weighing over 32kg will not be accepted.
- Sports Equipment - You can bring one piece of sports equipment onto your Virgin Atlantic flight at no extra charge, in addition to your free baggage allowance. For any extra bags, you will be charged as per the table above. If it is overweight, you will accrue charges both for an extra bag and an overweight bag.
- If a bag is overweight and also oversize, then both the charges shown above will apply.
- Extra baggage cannot be purchased for infants.
- You'll need to purchase your extra baggage at the airport if you have a connecting flight operated by a different airline.
- Any excess baggage purchased is non-refundable and non-transferable
Want additional baggage?
You can purchase it now through Manage your Flights.
If you want to take more than 10 bags with you on your trip, you should contact our friends at Virgin Atlantic Cargo – they’ll be happy to help.
If your trip involves a transfer from another airline, they may also charge an extra baggage fee, if your checked in bags exceed their limit. More on extra baggage charges for non Virgin operated flights.