Advanced passenger information - Virgin Atlantic
You may need to provide certain information before you can fly, to comply with government requirements.
As part of their security programmes, some governments require us to collect a few pieces of information for every passenger onboard our aircraft. This is referred to as Advance Passenger Information.
The following governments on our routes ask for this information:
- All Caribbean destinations
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
The information we’ll need to know is as follows:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Travel document type (normally your passport)
- Travel document number
- Address of first night spent in the country (although this only applies to passengers travelling to the US)
Collating your information
There are a few ways you can provide us with your Advance Passenger Information:
- When you book your flights online
- Once you've made a booking, by selecting Manage booking at the top of the page
- When you check in online
- By using our self-service kiosks at the airport.
- You can also provide the information at check in, although the options above will save you time.