Onesies fly high in the style stakes
Posted Saturday, 7 June 2014 at 14:00
Virgin Atlantic collaborates with original Norwegian onesie designers, OnePiece, to launch the first ever airline onesie. UK fashion model Amber Le Bon models the limited edition onesie. Onesies will be available for Upper Class passengers to wear on selected night flights from mid-June.
In a first for the airline industry, Virgin Atlantic has collaborated with the original onesie designers, OnePiece, to trial a limited edition OnePiece onesie for Upper Class passengers. Modelled by English model, Amber Le Bon, the onesie is set to become a must have for bedtime glamour and will be available from mid-June for a thousand passengers travelling on selected night flights across Virgin Atlantic’s long haul network. The bespoke onesie blends Virgin Atlantic’s rock n’ roll spirit with design expertise from OnePiece to offer unrivalled comfort for sky-high slumber.
Amber Le Bon – daughter of music legend Simon Le Bon and supermodel Yasmin – was the perfect choice to model the onesie with her British, rock n’ roll and fashion roots perfectly complimenting the spirit of Virgin Atlantic and OnePiece. The new Virgin Atlantic onesie is simple and chic in an ever fashionable black colour way with a cheeky slogan, “sleepy head” on the back. Designed as a fashionable yet fun alternative to the popular Virgin Atlantic Upper Class sleep suit, passengers will be able to enjoy maximum comfort when flying.
Fay Burgin, Head of Global Public Relations, comments: “We are passionate about new innovations such as bringing our Upper Class passengers the first ever airline onesie. OnePiece onesies are the original and best and our design teams have been working tirelessly to create a onesie that offers the perfect combination for a satisfying slumber on one of the longest, fully flat, beds in business class.”
Amber Le Bon, comments: “As someone who travels a lot I know how important it is to feel comfortable when heading to the skies. The new Virgin Atlantic onesie is comfortable yet stylish – the perfect combination for long haul travel. As well as wearing my OnePiece onesie on the plane, I’m looking forward to keeping comfy at home in it too.”
The limited edition, unisex onesie will be available for Virgin Atlantic Upper Class passengers to wear on board selected flights from mid-June and passengers will be free to take their onesie with them to enjoy in the comfort of their own home.
For details on Virgin Atlantic flights go to: www.virginatlantic.com
Competition terms and conditions:
- Entry into this competition is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 years or over, except for employees of any Virgin company or agencies directly connected with Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited operations and/or creation of and administration of this Draw or their families
- The main prize will consist of the fulfilment of one Virgin Atlantic onesie Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute prizes with alternatives of equal or greater value if specified wish is outside the reasonable control of Virgin Atlantic.
- By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To enter via social media: comment on an official competition post on Facebook using #UC1Z. Entries must be made by 12.00pm, 9 JUN 14. The winner will be drawn at random.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw; however entrants must pay their own costs of connecting to the Internet
- Only one Entry will be accepted per person
- All eligible Entries shall be entered in the Draw from which the winner (“Winner”) will be selected on Monday 9th June 2014
- The Winner shall be notified via social media
- If Virgin Atlantic cannot establish contact with the Winner within 14 days of the Draw date, Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to arrange for another name to be drawn at random to receive the Prize.
- Certain Prizes may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of „script‟, „brute force‟, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner gives consent to the Promoter to publish their name and county of residence in association with the Prize in any and all forms or media as required by law or otherwise in connection with the promotion of the Promoter. Winner is expected to participate in reasonable publicity
- The Prize is non-transferable to another family member or any other named person and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other prize. No cash alternative is available. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative equivalent prize if for any reason beyond the control of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic is unable to award the Prize.
- By entering the competition, the Entrant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter‟s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law)
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.