- Little Red - Virgin Atlantic’s first-ever domestic flight service – launched a year ago, connecting passengers between London Heathrow and Manchester, Edinburgh and Aberdeen with 26 daily flights
- To celebrate, Little Red will be making holiday wishes come true during its birthday month of April
- Little Red is also providing a host of sale fares in celebration, connecting passengers to long haul destinations such as Dubai, New York and Shanghai at reduced prices
To celebrate its first birthday, Virgin Atlantic Little Red is giving people the chance to make their holiday dreams come true.
During its birthday month of April, Little Red will be touring the country with its glitzy birthday post box, escorted by a crew of glamorous posties. The post box will be stopping off at London Heathrow Airport (8th April) and Edinburgh (10th April), Aberdeen (11th April) and Manchester city centres (12th April) to give local residents the chance to see their travel dreams fulfilled.
For passers-by dreaming of distant lands, the post box will be a welcome sight, bringing holiday dreams that bit closer by granting two travel wishes and giving away 10 pairs of Little Red flights per location, so you could explore Manchester’s trendy Northern Quarter, Aberdeen’s historic landscapes or enjoy Edinburgh’s many festivals this summer. The posties will be on hand to provide more information and the all-important post cards for capturing your wishes.
If you don’t live in Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Manchester there’s no need to miss out on the fun as Little Red will also be granting virtual wishes online. To be in with the chance of winning a host of prizes, post your virtual wish on Virgin Atlantic’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/virginatlantic (opens in a new window) and comment on an official competition post using the hashtag #littleredwishes.
Little Red's arrival last year signalled a new dawn for passengers, offering a great short-haul experience at low fares with excellent connections to Virgin Atlantic's worldwide network. At Heathrow, Little Red flights operate from Terminal 1 with excellent connections to Terminal 3 for Virgin Atlantic international flights. To celebrate Little Red's birthday, flights to and from Aberdeen will be available from £99 and a host of sale fares on connecting flights to long haul destinations will also be available.
Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Atlantic founder and president, said: “The launch of Little Red last year represented a significant chapter in Virgin Atlantic’s history. A year on, we have successfully connected passengers to their UK destinations as well as onto our long haul network, ensuring they can experience our unique rock and roll spirit all the way along their journey. We want to celebrate our birthday by making some travel dreams come true and capturing the magic that comes with an unforgettable experience.”
The short haul service offers a free checked-in baggage allowance of 23kg, free carriage of sports equipment, pre-assigned seating, complimentary snacks and drinks and even hot breakfasts on early morning flights.
The Little Red Post Box will be visiting London Heathrow on Tuesday 8th April; Princes Street, Edinburgh on Thursday 10th April; St. Nicholas Street, Aberdeen on Friday 11th April and Wellington Statue, Piccadilly on Saturday 12th April. .
For further enquiries please contact:
email@example.com, 0117 973 1173
Notes to editors
Little Red is providing a host of sale fares in celebration of its birthday, including the following:
- Aberdeen to Dubai from £396 (between 11th March-31st March; 15th April-30th April)
- Edinburgh to Boston from £519 (between 14th April-23rd April; 1st June-22nd June; 17th August-19th October)
- Manchester to Johannesburg from £479 (between 11th March-31st March; 15th April-31st May)
Little Red Birthday – Virtual wishes Prize Draw
1. Entry into this competition is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 years or over, except for employees of any Virgin company or agencies directly connected with Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited operations and/or creation of and administration of this Draw or their families
2. The main prizes will consist of the fulfilment of specified wishes corresponding to certain, current Virgin Atlantic product and services or an interpretation of that wish. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute prizes with alternatives of equal or greater value if specified wish is outside the reasonable control of Virgin Atlantic.
- 13 x pair of long haul return flight Economy tickets to a VAA destination
- 46 x pairs of Little Red return flights tickets
- 2 x Guest List packages
- 3 x pair of Clubhouse access passes
- 1 x 180,000 Flying Club miles
- 50 x Upper Class Red lipsticks
- 50 x Virgin Atlantic keyrings
By submitting an entry which does not correspond with one of the specified Prizes you will only to be eligible to enter the Draw for a spot prize.
3. By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. To enter via social media: submit your travel wish on Facebook by commenting on an official competition post and “make a Little Red wish” using #LittleRedWishes. Winners will drawn at random
5. To enter via the post boxes in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Manchester, fill in the postcard with your Little Red wish and your details and post into the box. Winners will be drawn at random
6. No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw; however entrants must pay their own costs of connecting to the Internet
7. Only one Entry will be accepted per person, per day
9. All eligible Entries shall be entered in the Draw from which the winners of the Prizes (“Winner”) will be selected on Wednesday 16th April 2014
10. The Winners shall be notified via social media, email or telephone
11. If Virgin Atlantic cannot establish contact with the Winner within 14 days of the Draw date, Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to arrange for another name to be drawn at random to receive the Prize.
12. The Prize may only be redeemed between April and October 2014. Prize will be forfeited if it is not redeemed and used by this date and no alternative or compensation will be given.
13. Any costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize pursuant to these Terms and Conditions including without limitation, excess baggage, car parking charges, excursions, attractions will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and/or their guest
14. Certain Prizes may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party
15. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of „script‟, „brute force‟, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void
16. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner gives consent to the Promoter to publish their name and county of residence in association with the Prize in any and all forms or media as required by law or otherwise in connection with the promotion of the Promoter. Winner is expected to participate in reasonable publicity
17. The Prize is non-transferable to another family member or any other named person and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other prize. No cash alternative is available. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative equivalent prize if for any reason beyond the control of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic is unable to award the Prize.
18. By entering the competition, the Entrant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter‟s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law)
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
20. The Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk.
21. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these terms and conditions or to withdraw, amend or cancel this competition at any time.
23. The promoter is Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, Registered Office: The Office, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9NU, England
Terms and conditions – Flights
1. Prize flights are only valid for flights on routes operated by Virgin Atlantic and are non-transferable to any other airline, including any of Virgin Atlantic's codeshare partners and have no cash value
2. Popular dates (weekends, school and public holidays) will fill quickly and Virgin Atlantic cannot guarantee availability. Some flights may already be booked and consequently have no seats available in the applicable booking class. Winners should try to book a much in advance as possible
3. Certain routes are seasonal only – Vancouver, Chicago and Cape Town
4. The Winner and their guest must abide by and are subject to Virgin Atlantic‟s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available from Virgin Atlantic’s offices or via www.virginatlantic.com
5. Virgin Atlantic schedules are subject to change without notice. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cease operating to any route and shall offer Winner the option to select another route included in the original destination list. Winner may not choose to travel to a destination twice
6. No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or tier points will be awarded on free flights. Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the flights
7. Once a booking has been confirmed no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative tickets will be issued
8. Winner and guest shall be responsible for arranging and paying for hotel accommodation, car hire, visa, passport, travel insurance or medical insurance
9. Winner and guest must travel together. If Winner wishes to travel alone, the second ticket will be forfeited
10. The Winner and guest will be entirely responsible arranging and paying for their own transport to and from the departure and arrival airports and also between airports (if applicable).