Use our Fare Locker service to lock your fare for just £10 per passenger and we'll hold the fare and surcharge price for you for up to 3 days. After that time, you can either purchase your seats online or over the phone, or if your travel plans have changed, we'll release the seats back into general sale.
For more information or to lock your fare, call us today on 0344 209 7777.
If you only need a short time to consider your purchase, you can call us and we'll hold your booking for free for 24 hours, as long as you make the booking 19 days or more prior to the flight's scheduled departure date.
Additionally, when you purchase a ticket from us one week or more prior to a flight's scheduled departure date. we allow you 24 hours to cancel your ticket without penalty.
The Fare Locker aims to offer potential Virgin Atlantic customers the opportunity to hold the price and availability (fare, fuel surcharges, and taxes) of a booking for up to 3 days. Held bookings can be confirmed via the website or through the Contact Centre.
1. Purchase must be made at least 19 days prior to date of departure. Fare Locker must be purchased through the Contact Centre.
2. Fare Locker is available only on flights operated by Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. Fare Locker may not be available on all Virgin Atlantic fare classes and may be restricted by Virgin Atlantic in its sole discretion.
3. The Fare Locker holds the Fare and Fuel Surcharge only.
4. Fare Locker does not hold the availability or price of any ancillary product (including seating or airport products), which must be purchased after ticketing.
5. Duration of the Fare Lock is the shorter of 3 days or to the last ticket date set by the ticketing time limit in the fare rules (which decreases as the departure date approaches)
6. Fare Locker is available on a per Booking basis only.
a. Fare Locker will be applied for all passengers on a booking; if additional passengers wish to be added after the booking is created, the additional passengers will be on a separate booking with pricing based on current fares and availability.
7. Price is per person on the booking. Infants travelling without a seat are exempt from Fare Locker fees, provided the other passengers on the booking purchase the Fare Locker
8. The purchase of Fare Locker is not confirmed until an e-mail detailing payment and authorisation has been issued by Virgin Atlantic. This can take up to 48 hours after initialising the held booking.
a. Should your payment be declined or fail, an email will instruct you to call Virgin Atlantic’s Contact Centre back to re-confirm your payment details, failure to call will result in your held booking being cancelled
9. The following fare classes are not eligible for the Fare Locker:
a. Fares which have no ticketing time limit defined in the fare rules, including full fare classes (Y, W, or J).
b. Upper Class and Premium Economy fare classes.
c. Flying Club redemption fares (T, P, and G)
10. Once purchased, Fare Locker fees are non-refundable and are not applied to the cost of the ticket.
11. Changes to the booking are permitted as allowed under the fare rules:
a. Ticket refundability and any applicable change fees are set by the fare rules of the held fare class
b. Changes to the held booking (including flight and date changes) will be re-fared at the current published fares
12. Bookings held through the Fare Locker can be confirmed via the Virgin Atlantic Airways Website OR Contact Centre. Reservations which are not confirmed before the end of the Fare Lock period will be cancelled.
13. All refunds will be processed by the Airline’s central accounts department in the UK and credited back to the original form of payment.
14. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cancel or amend any or all of these terms and conditions, without notice and at any time.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.