Canadian visa information
Information for British citizens visiting Canada.
- Visa-exempt foreign nationals need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) (opens in a new window) to fly to or transit through Canada.
- When you arrive you will need to be able to show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
- When travelling with children and only one parent is present, a letter of consent from the non-travelling parent should be carried.
If you are in any doubt about the entry requirements into Canada, please contact the Canadian High Commission.
- Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is necessary, however holders of passports with less than 6 months validity remaining may take longer to pass through immigration control.
- Please note - This guidance is for UK passport holders only. Passengers from other countries should check with the necessary Government department for travel information.
Get detailed travel requirements for your trip
Get personalised travel information for your destination with our handy tool.