Indian visa information
If you’re not an Indian national, you will usually need a visa for India.
From the beaches of Goa and Kerala’s incredible backwaters, to the unforgettable hubbub of Delhi, a lifetime’s exploration awaits visitors to India.
You’ll need a visa, unless you’re from India – visa requirements differ depending on your nationality and the reason for your visit. But not to worry – we’ve partnered with VisaCentral to make the process of applying for your Indian visa as easy as possible.
If you’re planning on visiting India more than once, please note the following restrictions:
- There must be a gap of at least two months between your visits to India
- If you need to visit India within two months of your last visit you will need special permission from a local Mission Post or Embassy
- If you don’t meet these conditions you may be denied entry and returned to your country of origin (at your own expense)
For more advice, visit the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs website (opens in a new window).
- Your passport must have 2 blank pages for your visa and must be valid for a minimum of 180 days at the time of your visa application.
- Please note - This guidance is for UK passport holders only. Passengers from other countries should check with the necessary Government department for travel information.
How to apply for your Indian visa
We've partnered with VisaCentral, the global visa and passport experts,where for a fee they will apply for your Visa on your behalf. Earn 2 Flying Club miles for every £1 you spend.Apply for your visa now
You can also apply for your visa through the Indian embassy in London:
Get detailed travel requirements for your trip
Get personalised travel information for your destination with our handy tool.