Your chauffeur car service
With our chauffeur car service, your Upper Class experience starts the moment you leave your home, office, or wherever you prefer. Pre book your private chauffeur service and we'll whisk you to and from the airport at both ends of your journey, and to the Upper Class Wing at London Heathrow.
We take the stress out of travelling to the airport so that you can relax or catch up with work before your flight. In London, we also offer other complimentary transfer options, Heathrow Express, Gatwick Express, and Limo bikes; whatever works for you.
The Upper Class Wing at London Heathrow
As well as arriving by chauffeur car you can also access the Upper Class Wing at London Heathrow in your own vehicle (we ideally need a minimum of 2 hours notice). You can find out more on the Upper Class Wing page.
How do I book my transfer?
You can book your chauffeur car online via the Virgin Atlantic Manage My Booking page.
To book your limo bike, Heathrow Express or Gatwick Express transfer in advance, please call (+44)344 412 4666.
For chauffeur car and limo bike transfers, you'll need to give your contact number (such as an international mobile) for each of these addresses. We can't book your transfer without it.
Booking a chauffeur car: the information we need from you
When booking your chauffeur car, you will need the following information to hand to ensure your booking is easy and quick;
- Full address of your non-airport address (i.e. your hotel).
- Total number and full names of all passengers who will be using the chauffeur car booking. If you are travelling with children, you will also need details of any child seat requirements too.
- Total number of check in bags you expect to travel with. Don’t worry; this can be changed later if you decide you need that extra bag for shopping!
- Contact telephone number for you and any additional adult passengers. This is so your driver can contact you if necessary.
- Contact email for you and any additional adult passengers. This is so that all of your party receive the booking confirmation email.
- Details of any special requests you or anyone in your party requires. We'll do our best to fulfil your request but cannot guarantee these in all cases.
Although you don’t need this when you book your complimentary chauffeur car, we will also need details of your Advance Passenger Information (APIS) before you fly. You can do this by checking in online through Manage My Booking. Doing this means we can speed up your journey through the Upper Class Wing, so there's more time to enjoy our award-winning Clubhouse before your flight.
Your APIS includes:
- your full name
- date of birth
- passport number
- the country that issued your passport
- the date your passport expires
Some countries, including the USA, may ask for more information including the address of your first night's stay in the country.
Making a booking
If you're flying Virgin Atlantic Upper Class on an adult fare in an eligible J, D, C or I booking class, you can enjoy a complimentary chauffeur car transfer and, in London, Heathrow Express, Gatwick Express and Limo bikes. If you've booked a discounted Upper Class ticket in another booking class, or are travelling on another ineligible J, C, D, or I ticket, unfortunately complimentary transfers aren't included.
If you've made an Upper Class reward booking, using your Flying Club miles, it doesn't automatically come with complimentary ground transfers. However, you can use additional Flying Club miles to book a chauffeur car to any destination in the UK or US within a 75 mile radius of the airport.
If you have any questions on eligibility please contact our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
Codeshare flights are not eligible for ground transfers.
Virgin Holidays' customers travelling in Upper Class that are flying on an eligible J, D, C or I booking class can enjoy a complimentary transfer.
Chauffeur driven car transfers are available to/from the following airports:
|Delhi||Los Angeles||San Francisco|
|Detroit||London Gatwick||St Lucia|
(Please note that chauffeur car transfers are not available in Havana or Lagos)
Flights to/from Heathrow:
- "Limobike" a speedy motorcycle transfer that helps you avoid the London traffic
- The Heathrow Express, a high speed train to/from London Paddington
Flights to/from Gatwick:
- The Gatwick Express, a high speed train to/from London Victoria
To book any of the options above please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
You can also access the Upper Class Wing at London Heathrow in your own vehicle as long we are notified before you arrive with a minimum of two hours' notice. You can find out more on the Upper Class Wing page
With the exception of Hong Kong and Cancun, it's possible to arrange for the chauffeur driven car to take you beyond the range of the complimentary service. Excess charges will apply which we'll tell you about when you book. You can pay these charges direct to the chauffeur company, using a credit card, or cash directly to the driver.
To the airport;
Your booking will be subject to a minimum pick-up time, to ensure you arrive at the airport with plenty of time to make your flight. The minimum pick-up time is calculated as, Time of Flight Departure – Journey Time + 90 mins. For example, if your flight is departing at 10:00, and your journey time is 1 hour, then the latest you can book your car for would be 07:30.
If you want to be picked up earlier than this, that’s no problem - just select your revised pick up time from the dropdown.
From the airport;
Your pickup time will be automatically calculated to that of the flight arrival time. If you want to be picked up later, that’s no problem - just select your revised pick up time from the dropdown.
A standard car is available to you as part of your complimentary chauffeur car entitlement. This is the equivalent to a Mercedes E-Class or similar. Additionally, in the UK you can request an Estate car which has a slightly larger luggage capacity.
A standard car will fit a maximum of 3 passengers and 2 pieces of checked in luggage. An Estate car, which is available in the UK only, will fit a maximum of 3 passengers and 4 pieces of checked in luggage.
Larger cars are available but may be subject to an additional charge. If you need to book a larger car, please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
Check in luggage is not allowed within the vehicle and must all fit safely in the luggage compartment of the vehicle. Hand luggage can remain with you inside the vehicle.
Yes, you can take other people travelling to/from the same airport to/from the same address, up to the capacity of the car, as long as your entire check-in luggage fits safely in the boot. We will not be able to increase the size of the car to accommodate additional guests or luggage.
Can I share my car with another eligible customer travelling in Upper Class from a separate address?
Yes, if the address is en-route and the journey would be convenient for both of you. Pick up times may need to be adjusted.
To book a shared journey, please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
Yes, as long as you provide 12 hours’ notice before your chauffeur car pick-up time. If you request this any later, we'll do our best but can't guarantee we'll be able to provide them. Please note that the driver reserves the right to refuse travel if an appropriate child seat, as mandated by local law, is not supplied.
Yes, absolutely. If you wish to use your own child seat, please select the “Not required” option from the child seat dropdown menu, as part of your booking. If you decide to supply your own child seat, it is your responsibility to ensure it is correctly installed in the vehicle.
Special requests like these can be added to the online chauffeur car booking, using the Special Requests text box, but must be made at least 12 hours before your chauffeur car pick-up time. We'll do our best to fulfil your request but cannot guarantee these in all cases.
For more information on special requests, please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
Yes, although this may incur an additional charge. For more information on travelling with pets, please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
Yes, a chauffeur car booking confirmation will be sent to the email address entered at the time of booking within 12 hours. Please be sure to check you junk folders if you have not received it within this time. You can also check the details of any of your chauffeur car bookings by visiting the chauffeur car booking website via Manage My Booking.
Yes. Your chauffeur car booking will not be automatically amended if you have changed your flight.
We are really sorry that the website is not currently working. You can either try again or, if you need to make the booking today, please contact our Upper Class support team on (+44)344 412 4666.
If you’re flying Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, or Delta One, we invite you to take advantage of the Upper Class Wing by arriving in your own private car or taxi. Here’s how:
We want you to enjoy the best of what the Upper Class Wing can offer so we encourage you to pre-arrange your arrival:
- Call our Upper Class team on 0344 412 4666 if you’re a Virgin Atlantic customer or 0808 145 3742 if you’re a Delta customer. You can do this between one month and up to two hours before your flight.
- You’ll need to give the team your full passenger information, flight, number of checked luggage items, vehicle details and expected arrival time. It’s a good idea to leave plenty of time to give the team the info they need, especially if there’s a few of you travelling together.
- Remember to check in online when it opens 24 hours prior to flight departure, to add your APIS details to ensure your smooth transition through the Upper Class Wing.
- When you arrive at London Heathrow, ask your driver to turn left before the usual T3 drop off location, following the ‘Virgin Upper Class Wing’ sign.
- At the top of the ramp, ask your driver to park in one of the bays.
- A member of our team will meet you with your boarding cards and bag tags and then you can whizz through our Private Security Channel, straight to the Clubhouse.
If you haven’t called ahead
If you haven’t been able to pre-arrange your arrival, you’re still welcome to enjoy the Upper Class Wing. However, the experience may be slightly less streamlined because we won’t have your details or documents ready for your arrival.
If you arrive at the Upper Class Wing in your own private car or taxi, please note:
- Please arrive at the Upper Class Wing at least 50 minutes prior to departure (60 minutes for Delta customers)
- The wing is for drop off only; there’s no parking.
- The maximum vehicle height is 4.4 metres, weight is 7.5 tonnes and length is 5.8 metres.
- Unfortunately, we can’t accept stretched chauffeur cars or oversized vehicles like Humvees.
Want to leave your car at the airport? We’re working with Purple Parking to trial another simple, convenient way to enjoy the Upper Class Wing. You just book through our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666 and they arrange the rest. Here’s how it works:
- Remember to check in online when it opens 24 hours prior to flight departure, to add your APIS details to ensure your smooth transition through the Upper Class Wing.
- You arrive at London Heathrow in your own car and turn left before the usual T3 drop off location, following the ‘Virgin Upper Class Wing’ sign.
- At the top of the ramp, park in one of the bays.
- One of the Purple Parking team will take your car and confirm where and how you’ll pick it up when you arrive back at Heathrow. A member of the Virgin Atlantic team will meet you with your boarding cards and bag tags and then you can whizz through our Private Security Channel, straight to the Clubhouse. Simple.
On the day of your journey
If you are being picked-up from a non-airport location, your driver will phone you when they arrive. If you are being collected from an airport, the driver will be waiting for you when you arrive.
If, for any reason, you need to contact your driver, you can call the dedicated Limo Onsite Number on 0344 871 5029 (local UK number) or 1 855 459 9472 (local US number). Alternatively, you can call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
Your chauffeur car driver will drop you off at the Virgin Atlantic terminal, as close as possible to the Virgin Atlantic check in area.
For journeys to the airport, your driver will wait for you kerbside outside the main entrance to your building and the car will display a Virgin Atlantic sign.
For journeys from the airport, you can collect your car as below:
|Antigua||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you in the customs area.|
|Atlanta||A dedicated Virgin Atlantic chauffeur car greeter will meet you on the right-hand side when you leave the arrivals hall.|
|Boston||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you in the arrivals hall.|
|Barbados Bridgetown||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you in the customs area.|
|Cancun||Your driver will be holding a name board in the meeting point in Terminal 3 outside customs near Margarita Ville bar.|
|Chicago||Your driver will wait for you in arrivals with a name board.|
|Delhi||Your driver will be waiting for you as you leave the customs hall, near exit rows 5 and 6. They'll be holding your name on a Virgin Atlantic sign.|
|Dubai||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you at the Europcar/Virgin Atlantic limo desk in arrivals, after you leave the customs hall.|
|Grenada||Your driver will wait for you in in the customs area with a name board.|
|Hong Kong||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you at the Virgin Atlantic limo desk in the arrivals hall, counter B16.|
|JFK||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you at the limo desk in the arrivals hall.|
|Johannesburg||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you at the Virgin Atlantic podium in arrivals.|
|Las Vegas||Your driver will wait for you in arrivals with a name board.|
|London Gatwick||Your driver will wait for you in arrivals with a name board.|
|London Heathrow||A chauffer car representative will meet you at the Virgin Atlantic limo desk in the arrivals hall.|
|Los Angeles||A greeter will meet you outside of the customs door, and will be standing by the large Upper Class sign. Your driver will then be called to kerbside by the concierge so that you don't have to walk to the garage. The car will be with you within 10 minutes.|
|Manchester||Your chauffeur will meet you when you arrive, holding your name on a board.|
|Miami||Your driver will wait for you in arrivals with a name board.|
|Newark||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you at the limo desk in the arrivals hall.|
|Orlando||Your driver will wait for you in the baggage claim area with a name board.|
|San Francisco||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you after customs.|
|Shanghai||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you at the limo desk in the arrivals area.|
|St Lucia||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you in the customs area.|
|Tobago||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you in the customs area.|
|Washington||A Virgin Atlantic representative will meet you after customs.|
If your flight is early, or delayed, this is no problem. There is no need to contact your driver to let them know as they will already be tracking your flight to ensure they are waiting for you when you arrive.
If your car has not arrived within ten minutes of the agreed pick up time, you can call the dedicated Limo Onsite Number on 0344 871 5029 (local UK number) or 1 855 459 9472 (local US number).
If you have any other enquiries (other than your car not arriving on time) please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
The longest a chauffeur will normally be able to wait for you is 30 minutes beyond the agreed pick up time. If you call us and want the chauffeur to wait for more than 30 minutes we'll try our best to but it may not always be possible. Please call our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666.
If you don't let us know within 30 minutes of the agreed pick up time, we'll have to assume that you no longer need your car and will advise the chauffeur that their services are no longer required.
After your journey
If you think you've left something behind in your chauffeur car please contact our Upper Class team on (+44)344 412 4666. They'll liaise directly with the car company on your behalf.
If we don't find the item, we can for insurance purposes provide you with an individual written confirmation that we've searched for it as you've described to us. Before asking us for this, please check with your insurer first as this 'confirmation of search', letter may not be sufficient proof of your loss. Our lost property handlers may charge for this service.
By completing a chauffeur car booking, you agree to the following terms & conditions.
Please note that chauffeur car transfer services are provided by third party service providers, and that in making these arrangement Virgin Atlantic is only acting as your agent. As such, the terms and conditions of the third party service providers will apply.
The exact terms and conditions will be specific to each third party service provider but we wish to make you aware of the following which will apply in respect of each third party service provider:
1. You will be responsible for any excess charges incurred and must pay these directly to the [driver/third party service provider] upon completion of the journey.
2. Cancellations must be made at least three hours prior to the pick-up time. Failure to do so may result in you being ineligible to make future use of the chauffeur car service, as Virgin Atlantic will still be charged by the third party service provider.
3. The third party service provider may refuse carriage of child passengers if appropriate child seats have not been requested in the booking or are not being supplied by you. In each case you will be responsible for ensuring that all child seats are fitted correctly.
4. Failure to state the correct number of passengers and/or the correct number of items of luggage in the booking may result in a car of the incorrect size being sent to the pick-up location.
5. The third party service provider will not be obliged to make any diversions and/or stops which have not been specified in the booking.
6. You may be charged extra for waiting time, up to a specific cut-off point after which the car may cease waiting.
7. Whilst a third party service provider will try to accommodate any special requests, these cannot not be guaranteed.
If you have any specific queries please contact Upper Class support on (+44)344 412 4666.